- Gaelyk lets you deploy applications on Google App Engine Java
- Gaelyk gives you the choice to use Groovy for developing your applications
- Gaelyk builds upon Groovlets and the Groovy template servlet
- Gaelyk allows you to cleanly separate your views with Groovy templates and your actions in Groovlets.
- Gaelyk simplifies the usage of the Google App Engine SDK by providing more concise and more powerful shortcuts when using the datastore, memcache, the blobstore, the images service, the URL fetch service, when sending and receiving emails or Jabber messages, and much more.
- Gaelyk lets you define friendly REST-ful URLs thanks to its URL routing system
- Gaelyk provides a simple plugin system for improving code reuse and code sharing
- Gaelyk is Open Source and is released under the Apache License (ASL 2). Its source code is hosted by Github
- Gaelyk application can be simply crated using Lazybones template
Gaelyk in the wild
If you've wondered who's using Gaelyk, here are a few examples of live websites built on top of the toolkit and deployed on Google App Engine.